Craft system and how unlock recipes
There are four ways to craft items in this game:
- Basic crafts from your TAB menu.
- Crafting from a workbench or forge.
- Placing structures using the hammer.
- Processed items from smelter, charcoal kiln, cooking station.
How to unlock new recipes:
To unlock different recipes or structures you have to get at least one of the necessary items to make the craft. For example, if you want to get the recipe to craft a flint axe you need to find flint and wood first.
There are at least three ships in the game:
– Raft: Small slow basic boat.
– Karve: Larger and faster that raft. You can unlock it when you gather Fine Wood from birchs
– Longship: I’ve no info yet.
The raft is the boat you are going to be using until you unlock the Karve.
You use W to increase speed and S to decrease speed in the rudder indicator.
You use A or D to turn the rudder left or right.
There are two indicators in our UI which will help us to sail.
1. Rudder indicator:
- Shows rudder direction. You can turn left or right 90º.
- Shows your speed indicator.
2. Wind indicator:
- Shows wind direction and if the wind is moving your ship. If the wind icon is white and is hitting the gold part of the circle the ship is getting enough wind to move. Gray wind and hitting the black part of the circle your ship will be not able to move using the sail.
- Shows your speed indicator.
Speed indicator info:
1. Small arrows in the wheel icon:
- One arrow up: Rowing speed forward.
- Two arrow up: Low sail speed.
- Three arrow up: Full sail speed.
- One arrow down: Rowing speed backward.
2. Icon above the wind circle:
- Oar: Rowing speed.
- Raised sail: Low sail speed.
- Lowered sail: Full sail speed.
If you fall out of your boat you can jump in again looking for the ladder in the back of the raft or in the left side of the Karve.
List of different bosses in the game, where you can find them and which items you need to summon it:
|Eikthyr||Meadow||Deer Trophies x2||Hard Antler and Eikthyr trophy|
|The Elder||Black Forest||Ancient Seed x8||Swamp Key and Elder trophy|
|Bonemass||Swamp||Whitered bone x10||Wishbone and Bonemass trophy|
There are more bosses in the game but I didn’t fight or find them yet. I will update this section when I find more information.
Surtling Core and how to get them.
What is a Surtling Core?
Surtling core are very important in early game as they allow you to craft the Smelter and the Charcoal kiln which allows you to melt ores and craft cooper, iron and other better weapons and tools.
You need 10 Surtling core. 5 to craft the Smelter and 5 to craft the Charcoal kiln. I recommend to craft the Smelter first as you can get some coal from cooking station burning food.
Where I can get Surtling Core?
You can find this item in:
– Random chest: This has very low drop since I didn’t find any in a chest yet.
– Inside dungeons. Aroung 0-9 In just one dungeon. There are some dungeons which are empty and there are large dungeons with a lot of them.
– Surtling mob drop: Fire mobs which drop it.
Breaking the Smelter or the Charcoal kiln:
If you break one of those building you will get your 5 Surtling Core back, so don’t worry about it.
Swamp key and Sunken Crypts
You can get a Swamp key after defeat The Elder boss. This key allow you to open a Sunken Crypts that you can find in the swamp biomes.
You can use the Swam Key to unlock one of these crypts.
Inside the crypts you will have to break some Muddy scrap pile to be able to keep going and exploring the crypt, these pile will give you iron an other items.
To break a Muddy scrap pile you need a pickaxe.
Inside the crypt you also will find some chest with items and strong enemies so be ready to fight.
How to add markers on the map
You can add 5 different markers in your map. This markers are local so if you are playing with some friends they won’t be able to see them.
To select one marker you have to left click on it, you can find the markers on the bottom right corner of the map.
To place a new marker double left click on the map, write the name of the marker and press enter.
To remove a marker right click on it.
You can find a traveler merchant in the Black Forest. The spawn location is random but when you are close you will be able to see a bag icon in your map.
You can buy and sell some items to this merchant.
|Fishing rod||350 coins.|
Cooking and potions
There are three main crafting items you can use to cook and make potions:
- Needs a fire under it.
- You can place two in the same campfire.
- You can cook two pieces of meat, fish and tail in each cooking station.
- You can craft it using Wood x2
Keep in mind if you don’t take the food when it’s ready it will burnt out and you will get coal.
- Needs a fire under it.
- You can place one cauldron in a campfire.
- You can cook: Carrout soup, queens jam, sausages and mead base to make potions.
- Needs empty space over it.
- You can use mead base obtained from the cauldron to get different potions:
- To use the fermenter put inside it the base and just wait until is fermented.
To be able to fishing you need a fishing rod and fishing bait that you can buy in a merchant.
How to fish:
- Equip your fishing rod and get some bait in your inventory.
- Look for fishes in the sea, lake or similar. Don’t randomly throw your hook in to the sea.
- Left click using the fishing rod. Longer you hold left click further away the hook will go. You will spend one bait every left click.
- Wait until a fish hit your hook, when the hook goes down press right click and hold it until the fish is close enough to be able to pick it pressing E.
You can tame some animals in the game this allow you to make a little “farm” and multiplicate them to get more food.
- Wood (30 should be enough)
- Vegetables (berries, shrooms etc. preferable 20+)
- Use the Hoe in order to make a plane space for your pen.
- Build a pen with Roundpole Fences. It doesnt need to look fancy, but it should not contain holes.
- Add a door to your Pen in order to enter and leave it.
- Drop the Vegetables inside the Pen.
- (The difficult path) Find some wild boars and make them attack you (getting close enough is usually enough). Now run to your pen and make sure they follow you.
- Once they are in, make sure to get out and close the door without them leaving.
- Wait, it will take like one hour to tame them, but you can do other stuff in between.
- Once they are tamed, you can pet them in order to keep them happy. for further feeding just drop food on the ground.