Weaponsmithing in New World
Weaponsmithing is one of the crafting professions in New World MMORPG. It allows players to make different types of weapons and useful consumable items including:
- Great axes
- Repair kits – allow restoring weapon durability. Very important thing!
- Honing stones – temporarily increases weapon damage. Also, very important consumable, especially at higher levels.
As you see, Spears and Hatchings are not on the list because they are linked to Engineering Profession.
The Weaponsmithing level cap is 200. Leveling up the profession allows to unlock new recipes and produce the same items but with better characteristics. For example, you may craft the same weapons with a higher Gear Score and higher damage.
The only way to level up the profession is to craft. Make as many items as you can, sell or salvage them for resources, and craft again.
Don’t forget to use crafting boosters! They may help you to produce better items.
Workbench: Anvil and Forge
The profession requires a Forge workbench. You can find it in the nearest Settlement. Just don’t forget that more advanced crafting recipes require high-level Forge. You will not have trouble with this at the early game because low-level blueprints require Forge lvl.1 or lvl. 2. But this may become a problem later on when the blueprint requires Forge lvl.4 or higher. In this case, you can:
- Find a settlement with a high-level Forge. Visit this settlement and start crafting there.
- Level up the forge in your current Settlement by completing Town Projects.
It’s you to decide, which option is better for you.
Ingots are the basic material for any weapon. You will need a lot of different Ingots, so mastering Mining trade skill is a good idea. We advise you to level Weaponsmithing and Mining together. You will always have enough ingots in this case.
You will also need Azoth for making better items and secondary resources like Leather, different types of Planks, and so on.
If you want to be a good crafter you will have to gather a lot. But the inventory size is limited and done or later you will have to enlarge it. Read this guide to find out more information: How to increase inventory space in New World
There are 2 types of recipes:
- Regular blueprints – you unlock such recipes when you level up Weaponsmithing and they stay with you forever. They will always be available and you can use them anytime.
- Artifact recipes – allow to create only one item and then disappear. Such blueprints are associated with high-level items.